Make sure to ask us the following questions:
Why should I renew with Green Flag?
At Green Flag we provide award-winning cover to suit your needs. Our five cover levels are: Rescue, Rescue Plus, Recovery, Recovery Plus and Euro Plus.
Each of these automatically includes:
- 24-hour roadside assistance, 365 days a year
- A national network of breakdown specialists for local vehicle recovery – if we can’t fix your car at the roadside, we’ll take it to the nearest garage within 10 miles
- No callout charge
- A free message service to friends and family so they know what’s happened
What do I need to do when it’s time to renew my policy?
If you’re an automatic renewal customer and happy with your policy and the service you receive, there’s no need to do anything. Your policy will be automatically renewed for another 12 months at the end of the policy term. But if you want to cancel then make sure you let us know before your renewal date.
If you’re a manual renewal customer, your renewal documents will be posted to you about a month prior to your policy expiring. It’s important that you read them carefully, so that any wrong information is corrected and if any details have changed, they’ll need to be updated. Then to renew your policy you can speak to one of our Live Chat consultants who will be happy to process your renewal and also make any changes you require. Alternatively you can call 0345 246 1558 to accept your renewal and continue your cover. Remember to have your debit or credit card details handy, or your bank details if you wish to set up a direct debit.
Do you have my new details?
If you’ve changed your car or address then you need to let us know so we can change your policy on renewal. And remember, we cover the car rather than the driver, so if someone else is now driving your car with your permission, they’ll be automatically covered on your policy.
Do you cover driving in Europe?
If you’re heading for the continent, Green Flag offers European Breakdown Cover– ask about upgrading to our Euro Plus policy. In addition to comprehensive UK cover, it gives you 90 days of European breakdown cover (for cars less than 16 years old). Alternatively, for single trips or short breaks abroad our short-term European breakdown cover may suit your needs better.
Do you do home callouts?
We can cover callouts at home as well as at the roadside – did you know that 40% of break downs happen at home (Based on a Green Flag survey in 2014)? For this service, ask about our Rescue Plus, Recovery Plus or Euro Plus policy.
What if my car can’t be fixed straight away?
Green Flag also provides a range of options to cover you if we can’t fix your car straightaway. These include:
- Long distance recovery where we’ll take you and your car home or to your preferred location (with Recovery, Recovery Plus and Euro Plus)
- Local vehicle recovery, so if your vehicle can’t be fixed at the roadside, we’ll tow it to the nearest garage
- A hire car, the cost of alternative transport or accommodation, or cash to collect your car with Recovery Plus and Euro Plus